This has been an important month for tralac’s work on women in trade and trade governance.
This Newsletter offers insight into some of the key areas of discussion and research, including women’s participation in services trade, as well as the policy responses and support interventions these findings prompt.
We also reflect on the AfCFTA negotiations, in particular our recent work on investment, and provide updates on AGOA.
tralac is pleased to present the 2021 Certificate Course – International Trade Law and Policy for Africa’s Development. The course provides comprehensive coverage of International Trade Law and Policy in the 21st Century, from an African perspective.
The course consists of three modules and an inter-modular e-learning program with interactive, participatory learning processes.
tralac’s SheGovernsTrade initiative aims to capacitate and empower especially young women policymakers as they contribute to enhance trade governance in Africa.
More specifically, the program seeks to increase trade technical skills as well as leadership and professional skills.
tralac maintains a collection of regional and national trade-related resources and policy documents, including copies of the texts and annexes of regional trade agreements from the African RECs, the AfCFTA, TFTA and African Union.
We also house resources on Africa’s global trade relations, including the Economic Partnership Agreements (EPAs) with the EU, BRICS trade, and Brexit.
Road Transport Regulatory Challenges in ESA Region: Progress Review of the Tripartite FTA and the Tripartite Transport and Transit Facilitation Programme
Trade Data Analysis
- pdf Speech by the Chair of the SADC Council of Ministers, Hon. Verónica Nataniel Macamo Dlhovo, delivered on 12 March 2021
- pdf Remarks by the SADC Executive Secretary, H.E. Dr Stergomena Tax, at the Council of Ministers’ Meeting on 12 March 2021
- pdf Economic Report on Africa 2020: Innovative finance for private sector development in Africa (UNECA)
- pdf Waving or drowning: The impact of COVID-19 on East African Trade | UNECA-TMEA-AERC publication, February 2021
- spreadsheet South Africa AfCFTA: Summary of chapters, rules of origin and those outstanding and tariff liberalisation and exclusions
- pdf Agreement establishing an Economic Partnership Agreement between the Eastern and Southern Africa States and the UK - Presented to Parliament February 2019