tralac’s 2021 virtual Annual Conference takes place on 22 & 23 July on the theme:
COVID-19 has changed Africa and the world – how should we respond?
Download the concept note, programme, and background briefing papers.
South Africa’s Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA) is fully in force as from 1 July 2021.
tralac adheres to the highest standards of ethical practices in all its operations to ensure the protection of your personal information collected through your use of the tralac website, daily news service and participation in tralac’s programmes and events, including on virtual platforms.
In this month’s newsletter, we discuss elements of the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) negotiations – in particular tariff negotiations, variable geometry, and REC integration – as well as global trade and broader economic governance developments.
tralac has also prepared several intra-Africa trade profiles for African countries, which are updated frequently to reflect the latest available trade data.
25 May 2021 marked Africa Day, when we reflect on the progress that has been achieved in integrating African economies to address our combined challenges and drive growth and economic development. How has the past year been different?
Read more in this tralac Blog by Gerhard Erasmus and Trudi Hartzenberg.
Gender Provisions in African Trade Agreements: An Assessment of the Commitments for Reconciling Women’s Empowerment and Global Trade
- pdf Update on the CFTA negotiations: Presentation by Mr Prudence Sebahizi, AUC - 2017 African Prosperity Conference
- pdf COVID-19 and beyond: Trade and health (Revision) - Communication to the WTO General Council, 19 May 2021
- pdf Standards, regulations and COVID-19: what actions taken by WTO members? - Information Note, 4 December 2020
- pdf Trade in Medical Goods in the Context of Tackling COVID-19 - WTO Information Note, 22 December 2020
- pdf Developing and delivering COVID-19 vaccines around the world: An information note about issues with trade impact - WTO, 22 December 2020
- pdf Trade in Medical Goods in the Context of Tackling COVID-19: Developments in 2020 - WTO Information Note, 30 June 2021
- pdf Improving trade data for products essential to fight COVID-19: A possible way forward - WTO Information Note, 1 July 2021