tralac Annual Conference 2019: Poster presentations
The 2019 tralac Annual Conference was held on 21-22 March in Nairobi, Kenya, under the theme ‘Africa’s integration Agenda – From Aspirations to Pragmatic Implementation.’ For a third year, the key focus was the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA).
The AfCFTA has garnered a level of political support for regional integration, that we have not seen for several decades. This is entirely justified because the AfCFTA marks a key milestone in Africa’s integration journey. In addition to the AfCFTA, the Conference agenda also provided an opportunity to appraise particular features of the current crisis in multilateralism.
The final conference session featured ‘poster presentations’ by tralac alumni. Our alumni selected a range of current trade policy and law issues and prepared presentations which they presented in rotation to the participants. Presentations were accessible via QR (quick response) codes. tralac is exploring various tech solutions in its work at the office and in its training courses and conferences. In addition to pushing digital boundaries, we are also reducing our use of paper and other traditional resources.
Visit the tralac Annual Conference 2019 page to find out more about the conference.
- Investment Facilitation in Africa: Problems and Recommendations
- Trade data challenges – Central Bank perspective
- Unlocking the potential for SMEs to realise AfCFTA benefits
- Women in governance and trade
- Trade Facilitation challenges in west and central Africa
- Export potential of the East Africa Community (EAC) in the AfCFTA