Short training courses are usually designed and presented in response to requests that tralac receives from specific beneficiaries. Requests come from Trade Ministries and other government departments or agencies, Regional Secretariats as well as from parliaments in the region. Non-state organizations (such as Chambers of Commerce or business associations) also request training. tralac staff also regularly contribute to training programmes of other institutions such as the WTO, regional and international universities, and other capacity-building organizations.
Some of the topics covered by tralac in tailored short courses and training programmes include:
- Trade Policy Analysis
- Introduction to International Trade Law
- WTO Agreements
- Regional Trade Agreements
- Trade Negotiations (including negotiations simulations)
- Regional Integration in east and southern Africa (RECs, TFTA, CFTA)
- Dispute Settlement; Trade Remedies and Safeguards; Rules of Origin
- Competition Law and Policy
If you or your organisation would like to request training from tralac, please click on the Request training button to submit your request.